Arai Online Shop sells Helmets Arai. There was a time some 40 years ago when all helmets were similar in their ability to protect the wearer. In retrospective, we have to admit that our product was only average at that time. Mitch Arai, however, became dissatisfied with being just average and wanted Arai to be something more. In 1976, he not only made the decision to “make Arai better”, but set his goal to “be the number one helmet in the world”.
Arai Helmet – Arai Helmets Online Shop
- Arai Helmet Online ShopPro4 Nutech Helmet,
- Arai Corsair V Edwards Patriot Full Face Helmet,
- Arai XD-4 Flare Dual Sport Helmet,
- Arai Defiant Pro-Cruise Mimetic Full Face Helmet,
- Arai Vector-2 Solid Full Face Helmet,
- Arai Defiant Pro-Cruise Full Face Helmet,
- Arai Vector 2 Contest Full Face Helmet,
- Arai Corsair X Vinales Replica Full Face Helmet,
- Arai XD-Cruise Mimetic Full Face Helmetquery,
- Arai Vector-2 Solid Full Face Helmetquery,
- Arai Defiant Pro-Cruise Full Face Helmetquery,
- Arai Vector-2 Contest Full Face Helmetquery,
- Arai Corsair X Vinales Replica Full Face Helmetquery
- Arai, Arai Helmet Ltd., Arai Helmet (Europe) BV, Corsair, RX-7V, RX-7 GP, RX-7 RC, RX-7, RX-7 RR, RX-7 IV, QV-PRO, Chaser, Chaser-V, GP-5X, Rebel, Renegade-V, Chaser-V PRO, Chaser-V, Quantum-ST, Quantum-ST PRO, Astro-Light, SZ-Light, VX-Pro Junior, SZ, SZ/F, SZ/m, SZ Ram III, SZ-RAM X , X-Tend, X-Tend Ram, SZ/C, Tour-X 4, Axces, Axces II, Penta, Freeway 2, Freeway Classic, MX-V, GP-6 RC, GP-6, GP-5, GP-5 PED, SK-5, GP-5W, GP-5K, GP Jet II, Air Conductor, Delta Duct, FFS, Aeroflap, Air Wing, Diffuser, Diffuser Type 12, ScLc, SFL, SNC, LRS, cLc, PN SNC, De-Mist Lock, Dry-Cool, Anti-Microbial Material, IC, IC 2 Double Delta, IC Duct 5, DDL-2, VAS, PSS, FFS, Super AdSis , LRS , R 75 Shape, Hyper Ridge, Peripheral Belt and Hyper-T are trademarks of Arai.
FULL FACE COMPARE HELMET MODELS
- RX-7V RC RACE TESTED
- RX-7V RACING MAKE FASTER, EASIER
- RX-7V RACE TESTED
- QUANTIC HIGH-SPEED COMFORT FOR THE LONG HAUL
- CONCEPT-X OLD SCHOOL COOL. MINUS THE COMPROMISES.
- CHASER-X CHASE THE ROADS
- PROFILE-V WELCOME TO OUR WORLD
- TOUR-X4 READY FOR ANYTHING
OPEN FACE COMPARE HELMET MODELS
- SZ-R VAS OPEN FOR ANY RIDE
- CT-F EXTEND YOUR FREEDOM
- FREEWAY-CLASSIC COOL RETRO HELMET
- URBAN-V LOOK COOL. STAY COOL.
ADDITIONAL SIZES, COMPARE HELMET MODELS
Arai provides one size outer shell for each two helmet sizes for most models, adding up to five outer shell sizes within limited models, as compared to others who may struggle to reach only three shell sizes. The advantage of using many outer shell sizes is that the inner liner and exterior shell can maintain a closer proportion to the head size inside, rather than padding out an outer shell that is too large for its actual size, avoiding the need to “over-pad” a large shell for a small head or “thin-out” the inner liner of a smaller shell for a large head. In both cases the result is a helmet that is not in proportion with the rider, offering a curious sight.
Arai also offers extreme sizes as small as XXXS (Astro- Light) to as large as XXXL (Quantum-ST PRO) offering a perfect fitting helmet for almost any head size, in addition to the many adjustable interior parts. And when even these different sizes are not sufficient, Arai is able to have the helmet individually modified to special requests by our craftsmen for a complete custom fit. The models in our additional size range are available in plain colours only.
- RX-7V RACE TESTED
- SZ-LIGHT (XXS)
- ASTRO-LIGHT (XXXS-XXS)
- X-TEND (XXXL)
- VX-PRO JUNIOR (XXS)
OFF ROAD COMPARE HELMET MODELS
- PENTA-PRO TRIAL COMPETITION
- TOUR-X4 READY FOR ANYTHING
- MX-V ULTIMATE OFF ROAD HELMET
CAR, COMPARE HELMET MODELS
Before we start there is one piece of very important information you must know about Arai’s car racing helmets. Whether at the very top in F1 – where we’ve been since 1984 – or just starting out in karts (and all points in between) we do not make custom ‘racing helmets’ for drivers. The exact same Arai helmets you see on the track, worn by any driver in any series are available to you directly at your local Arai dealer. All of our car racing helmets, with all of their technical features and detailed functionality are product of a depth of knowledge built on the experience of decades – there are no short cuts. It’s as simple as that.
- GP-7 SRC (ABP) RACE TESTED
- GP-7 (FRP) RACE TESTED
- GP-6RC (HANS) RACE TESTED
- GP-6S RACE TESTED
- GP-5W RACE TESTED
- GP-J3 RACE TESTED
- SK-6 RACE TESTED
- CK-6 RACE TESTED
“Number One” can have several interpretations, however; was it most helmets sold, most money made, most racing championships won? The decision was made, and there was a goal set, but there was no plan on how to achieve that goal or even a clear goal. Around that time he saw that the premier helmet in the world had been sold, the original creators gone, and the new offerings from the new company did not seem to improve or advance, yet they were still acknowledged as the best.
MAKING BETTER HELMETS
So Mitch Arai set his sights on making better helmets. Not helmets to be sold in high quantities, or helmets just to make the most profit, but helmets that offered more protection as he, like his father, was a rider and wanted to protect himself. Having experience already in building helmets, he knew that shell strength was important in order to resist penetration of sharp objects and to maintain shape in an impact. He knew a strong, round shell would be better able to glance of an object, diverting energy and minimizing how much direct energy the helmet must deal with. This fact is something he recognized from the very beginning and is still true to this day.
Shell strength is directly related to the shell thickness and consistent shell thickness provided the best chance to maintain shape and withstand big glancing blows. He began by trying to devise methods that would produce more consistent shells, specifically consistent shell thickness, which was extremely difficult at that time, and still is to this day when using the bag molding method. However, bag molding increases the ratio of fiber to resin, producing a stronger shell.
Mitch himself experimented for months, into the late hours every night, trying to devise a method to produce consistent shell thickness. More experienced men in the shell molding department dismissed his efforts as a waste of time, but he persisted. After many months, some of these men tired of seeing him struggle and came to appreciate what he was trying to achieve and offered to help him.
This was the beginning of “being part of something more”. These men joined an effort with a desire to contribute something more out of a passion for their work and a pride in what they produce. After some progress, it was determined that it was impossible to achieve absolute consistency in shell thickness, so Mitch implemented the double quality control check of every single helmet shell in order to better identify inconsistencies so it they can be corrected. To this day, every single Arai shell is inspected by two individual and separate quality control check points. Once the shell was brought to a level that satisfied the “shell experts”, attention was directed toward the interior liner. Managing impact energy, slowing the high speed of an impact within the short distance of a helmets liner, is an extremely difficult task. A strong shell displaced that energy over a wide area and it was the liners job to manage it.
Many materials were considered, but EPS proved to have the best performance across a wide range of temperatures, and to this day is still the best material available to deal with absorbing more impact energy in the smallest space possible, while at the same time adding minimal weight. Arai then furthered helmet performance by pioneering the concept of multi-density liners to better deal with different impact energies in different areas around the helmet, allowing the maximum amount of energy management with the minimum liner thickness.
It was during the experience of developing the new shell moulding process and multi-density liners that Mitch recognized the value of the accumulation of small details, which when combined advanced the performance much more than expected. To this day no small detail is dismissed or taken for granted, as each one plays an important role as a part of the bigger whole. With an improved shell and new multi-density liner, Arai set out to prove their efforts by having racers put their helmets to the test. It soon became apparent that while there was no real plan in place, they certainly were heading in the right direction.
Rider protection increased and Arai quickly gained a reputation as being a better helmet. Once the Japanese market was dominated with Arai, sights were set on America, and as they did in Japan they approached riders with the concept of better protection. After convincing a few, just as it happened in Japan, it didn´t take long for word to spread about a better helmet from Arai. Soon, Arai was on the world Moto-GP scene, being worn by racers from around the world and winning championships, and Mitch´s goal was reached – the Company that bears his family name is acknowledged as producing the #1 helmet in the world.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR INVESTMENT
Our accessory line-up can further enhance the performance of your Arai helmet. We offer a wide variety of colored visors or tear-offs for racing or track riding. Colored visors are available in all the essential tints to meet any weather condition, from sun, rain to foggy conditions. Some of our visors will also enhance the look of the helmet such as the smoked or mirrorized finishes.
Arai’s spare parts service is of a quality standard that you would expect from such a premium brand. We stock parts to service any helmet in our range, including special editions, so you need not worry if your Arai is a few years old as we will always be able to take care of it. Even up to seven years after the production date. Our distributor and dealer network is fully equipped to repair light damage or customize your helmet with interior parts.
VAS-V MAX VISION & VAS-V MAX VISION PRO SHADE SYSTEM (PSS)
- Arai Vas-V Max Vision Clear
- Arai Vas-V Max Vision Semi Smoke
- Arai Vas-V Max Vision Smoke
- Arai VAS-V Mirror Green
- Arai VAS-V Mirror Silver
- Arai VAS-V Mirror Red
- Arai VAS-V Mirror Blue
- Arai Vas-V Max Vison PSS
SAI MAX VISION & SAI MAX VISION PRO SHADE SYSTEM (PSS)
- Arai SAI-V Max Vision Clear
- Arai SAI-V Max Vision PSS mirror
- Arai SAI-V Max Vision PSS
- Arai SAI visor Clear
- Arai SAI visor Light Smoke
- Arai SAI visor Dark Smoke
- Arai SAI visor Mirror Gold
- Arai SAI visor Mirror Blue
- Arai SAI visor Mirror Purple
- Arai SAI visor Mirror Silver
- Arai Tour-X visor Light Smoke
- Arai Tour-X visor Clear
- Arai Tour-X visor Dark Smoke
- Arai X-Tend visor Light Smoke
- Arai X-Tend visor Clear
- Arai X-Tend visor Dark Smoke
Contact Details MOTORCYCLE / CAR HELMETSArai – araihelmet.eu:
Sity : Hoevelaken
postalCode : 3871 MR
Street : Zuiderinslag 10
Telephone : (31) 33-254 10 10: (31) 33-253 53 92