Over 99.9% of domestic airline’s checked bags are picked up at the carousel. After airlines conduct an extensive 3-month tracing process there are still a small percentage of bags left unclaimed.
Unclaimed Baggage buys orphaned bags and gives them a second life by selling, donating, and recycling their contents.
Reclaimed for Good
We partner with dozens of local, national, and global charity organizations to repurpose and distribute non-retail merchandise to those in need.
Don’t just shop – explore. Come see us in scenic Scottsboro, Alabama.
Women’s Apparel Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
Women’s Accessories Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
Men’s Accessories Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
Children, Girls, Boys Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
- Girls, Boys
Entertainment & Lifestyle, Etc. Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
- Mobile Phones
- Headphones & Speakers
- Smart Watches
- Smart Home Devices
- Device Accessories
- Specialty Electronics
- Unusual Finds
- Luggage & Bags
- Travel Essentials
- Toys & Games
- Sporting Goods
- Health & Beauty
Sale Items Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
- CHLOE OLIVER Long Blue Shawl Size S $19.49 $45 57% OFF est. retail
- NIKE Roshe Two (Black/Anthracite) – Size 7.5 $26.99 $90 70% OFF est. retail
- FORD Ford “Genuine Parts & Services” Tee $6.22 $25 75% OFF est. retail
- NO 21 A-Line Pleated Skirt Size 4 $211.49 $705 70% OFF est. retail
- SW3 BESPOKE Long Sleeve Kennet Top With Sequin Detail Size P $19.49 $216 91% OFF est. retail
- TOPMAN Patterned Knitted Sweater Size M, L $11.69 $65 82% OFF est. retail
- ADIDAS UCR Windbreaker – Size S $22.49 $60 63% OFF est. retail
- FREE PEOPLE Pink Plaid Button Down Size S $11.69 $48 76% OFF est. retail
- J.CREW Knit Crew-Neck Sweater Size XS $11.69 $37 68% OFF est. retail
- THE NORTH FACE Narrows Striped Shorts $19.49 $55 65% OFF est. retail
- VAN HEUSEN Flex Dress Shoes Size 10.5 $22.49 $30 25% OFF our price
- FALLON TAYLOR Pink Long Sleeve Button-Down With Cactus Design Size S $11.67 $16 25% OFF our price
- HERNO Laminar Jacket Size M/L $233.99
- POLO RALPH LAUREN Yacht Striped Long Sleeve Pocket Tee Size XL $11.69
- H&M Boys’ Slim Fit Adjustable Waist Denim Shorts Size 11/12 $6.22
- ASOS Black Skinny Jean Size 26 $7.94
- JUST FEMALE Caia Top Size M $31.49
- PUMA Sparkling Puma Tee Size 4T $4.72
- PLANET GOLD Festive Snowflake Leggings $6.22
- COLUMBIA Grey Weatherproof Jacket Size L $22.49
- WILLOW & CLAY Choker Wrap Top Blouse Size S $11.69
- JARBO Green Open Front Sweater Size 36 $37.49
- TOMMY BAHAMA High Waisted Sash Swim Bottom Size XS $8.77
- ABC Lost: The Complete Fifth Season DVD $9.53
- CALVIN KLEIN Seasonal European Yarn Polo Size 2XL $11.69
- GAP Loose Turtleneck Sweater Size XS $11.69
- GERRY Thick Textured Jacket $29.99
- UGG Mini Bailey Bow II Boots – Size 12 $26.99
- RED ALE V Neck Casual Sweater Size XL $6.22
- THE WHITE COMPANY Cotton-Rich Post Workout Top Size L $11.69
- WEATHERPROOF Ebony Marl Crew Neck Sweater Size XXL $11.69
- JLAB AUDIO Charging Case for the JBuds Air True Wireless Earbuds (Case Only) Black $9.00
- HUDSON Plaid/Color Block Full Zip Jacket Size L $19.49
- TOMMY BAHAMA Ocean Crest Crew Sweater Size 2XL $31.49
- SHOPKINS Doughnut Plush $7.94
- DKNY Lettered Full Zip Navy Blazer Jacket Size XXL $19.49
- NORDSTROM Gray Suit Pants Size 33W 32L $11.69
- CHICO’S White Ruffle Button Down Size 1 $8.77
- GERRY Fillpower 650 Puffer Jacket Size S $22.49
- EMILIO ROMANELLI Green Leather Jacket Size 54 $113.39
- DSQUARED2 Oversized Zipped Sweatshirt Size XS $170.99
- LOVE SCARLETT Berry Crème Knit Blouse – Size S $11.69
- Multi Colored Leather/Fur Size OS $26.99
- Connie K Two-Button Jacket Size L $34.49
- SANCTUARY Bermuda Short Size 26 $11.69
- EMMA & MICHELLE Striped Wide Leg Jumpsuit Size 14 $14.62
General Unclaimed Baggage US Retailer
What kind of products do you sell?
If it’s packed in a suitcase or left on a plane, it could wind up for sale at Unclaimed Baggage. We sell a wide variety of items commonly taken on business trips and vacations such as clothes, cameras, jewelry, electronics and golf clubs. You never know what people may pack, so you could be one of the lucky shoppers to scoop up an African mask, vacuum-packed frogs, or even a snowboard.
We also sell unclaimed cargo which has been lost in shipment. This merchandise often includes bulk items that are new with tags, like multiples of clothing, books and household products. Unexpected large items might also be included, like works of art or a piece of furniture. You never can predict!
Are the clothes clean?
All clothing is professionally cleaned. In fact, Unclaimed Baggage has the largest commercial laundry facility in Alabama. We wash or dry clean tens of thousands of items per month – more than most professional dry cleaners handle in a year!
What condition are the electronics in?
Electronic equipment is thoroughly tested to ensure it is working properly, and all personal data is erased according to official NIST standards before items are sold.
Is this all really unclaimed baggage?
Our merchandise is a combination of unclaimed baggage and cargo, primarily from commercial airlines, but also from buses, trains, trucks, and other travel, hospitality and transportation sources. Occasionally we make special purchases which are identified by a sign in the retail store.
Can you find my lost suitcase?
Regrettably, no. By the time Unclaimed Baggage has purchased the luggage, every effort has been made by the airlines over a 3-4 month period to return it to its owner. After this point, claims have been paid out and the items are sent with no identifying information to Unclaimed Baggage to be resold, repurposed, or recycled.
How can there be so much lost luggage?
You may wonder how there can be a store the size of a city block full of lost luggage items since only a small fraction of a percent of airline passenger bags are lost and never reunited with their owners.
However, with over four billion bags being checked each year, even a small percentage of such huge volume can fill our warehouse with unclaimed items waiting for you to discover. Passengers also leave articles in overhead bins, taxi cabs, hotels and anywhere else they travel, which add to the unclaimed items being given a second life through our store.
Do the airlines make a profit from lost bags?
No, airlines do not benefit in any way from unclaimed baggage. Carriers want to preserve their customer goodwill and therefore invest significant manpower and technological resources in the baggage recovery process. Passengers are compensated for any bags not found. Recognizing each of these costs, carriers work hard to provide the best service possible when handling baggage.
Why do airlines sell the remaining unclaimed bags to Unclaimed Baggage?
Airlines are in business to fly planes and serve their passengers; not dispose of lost property. Unclaimed Baggage provides an important service to the airlines by buying unclaimed bags and their contents and repurposing them in the best way possible.
Does Unclaimed Baggage sell everything in lost luggage?
Not everything sent to Unclaimed Baggage is suitable for sale in our store. A complex sorting process separates out the best merchandise for the retail floor. Items not sold to the public are either repurposed or recycled. In fact, on average for every item we sell, we donate another item. Through relationships with multiple charity organizations locally, nationally and around the globe, millions of dollars’ worth of clothing, eyeglasses, medical supplies, and other useful items are refurbished and donated to those in need each year as part of our Reclaimed for Good program.